Monday, September 7, 2009

Umbrella Academy








OK I have to admit that I did boycott this book because it was written by a rock singer.(Yea I am sorry folks) But this was surprisingly a great read of Gerard Way, Umbrella Academy: Apocalypse Suite. There is nothing negative to say about this graphic novel I can see why this series was Eisner Worthy, Gerard Way told a story in such a way that you can tell it was a mirror image of his personality. With the help of artist Gaberial Ba this make this novel almost flawless. The character development was so seamless you get right into the story within the first two pages. What I really loved about this novel was the fact that Gerard didn't stick with the same formula most popular comics are built upon, first and foremost the book has a very dark mood to which it is almost as if it came right out of Gotham City,then it just takes off from there, not sticking with the traditional,the heroes are perfect in every way and they will always win the battle, No. Gerard address other issues that affected each character's personality and it made them lack luster in the long run (basically they all had issues to deal with). The dialogue between the characters was easy to follow for the most part of the novel and he saved all the action for the last chapters of the book which I might add was great timing. There so much more I would love to say but I don't want to give away this great book I recommend this book to all readers and if your new to collecting this is one that's worth being on your shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment